What I am in love with right now

  • Movie - "Numb" starring Matthew Perry. It's about that feeling we all have. We aren't connected to ourselves so how can we connect to others?
  • Song - "Love Again" by Dirt Poor Robins
  • TV Show - "Black Books" - This show is written quite brilliantly. High Fidelity in a book shop.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

A Silent Office

I went into work for a few hours today to work on my special extra project. I love going into the office on the weekend because I get to play my music as loud as I want to, and sing along at the top of my lungs when the mood strikes, which is pretty often.

Pandora has been great to me because it has introduced me to music I probably would have never heard otherwise. It's weird to think about how you have lived without something in your life, after you have introduced to it. Whether it is Internet, or cell phones, or morals, or Hershey's Kisses. But at the same time, as my mom would say, all things in moderation, and I have found that though I avail myself to things when they are close to me, I can certainly live without them, or at least go long periods of time without them in my life.

On cell phones, think about this. Think back to before you had a cell phone, can you remember your home phone number at your house? I can 703-369-8993. That was the phone in my house in Virginia, when I graduated from High School. I still remember it to this day. But thanks to cell phones, I have no idea what my parents' phone numbers are, other than they start with 808. Funny how technology has just made us lazier, and yet we are (I am not) ready to give up on the comfort of owning a cell phone.

Wall-E really shined a light for where we as a people are headed.

No comments: