What I am in love with right now

  • Movie - "Numb" starring Matthew Perry. It's about that feeling we all have. We aren't connected to ourselves so how can we connect to others?
  • Song - "Love Again" by Dirt Poor Robins
  • TV Show - "Black Books" - This show is written quite brilliantly. High Fidelity in a book shop.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Spirits

At my office, I have to deal with many people on a daily basis, answering their questions about casting notices, running clearances on people at the last minute, etc. I try to make their day both a little brighter and a little easier. And one of these people called me up today and asked me if I like red or white wine. With the holidays approaching, many of the companies that we deal with send us gift baskets to say thanks for helping make their year a prosperous one.


I unfortunately can't drink wine, but I can drink beer. Where did the stigma come from that when you attend a party, or send a gift, you would give wine? There are some really fancy beers, pretty much anything from Belgium, that could compete with any wine.


Let's say you would spend $20 on a nice bottle of gift wine, you could spend same $20 and get a really high end six pack of quality beer, or a four pack, or in some cases, just one beer. (There are $20 Beers, I have had them, and they are both good and strong.) Here is just a few, courtesy of a fine beverage store, Cork 57, with a great selection of higher end beers and wines.




So this year, when you have to go to a party or give a gift, give the gift of beer. Think about this, have you ever gone to someone's place and seen bottles of wine that have yet to be opened and enjoyed? Now, have you ever gone to someones place and seen bottles of beer that have yet to be opened and enjoyed?


Exactly.

No comments: