What I am in love with right now

  • Movie - "Numb" starring Matthew Perry. It's about that feeling we all have. We aren't connected to ourselves so how can we connect to others?
  • Song - "Love Again" by Dirt Poor Robins
  • TV Show - "Black Books" - This show is written quite brilliantly. High Fidelity in a book shop.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Elvis Water Torture

I spent the weekend being fairly ill, which means a lot of time watching movies/tv. I chose to catch up on my Stargate SG-1 on Hulu.com. But for some reason, the ONLY commercial that played at EVERY commercial break for what seemed the ENTIRE DAY, was the SiriusXM commercial featuring Elvis' hit, "All Shook Up." The first time I saw the commercial, I shook my sick little booty to the sweet beats. By the fifth repetition, I was not angry at XM or hulu, I was actually contemplating the lyrics of the song.

"A well I bless my soul, What's wrong with me?
I'm itching like a man on a fuzzy tree
My friends say I'm actin wild as a bug
I'm in love, I'm all shook up"

To be honest I heard "I'm actin WHITE as a bug" but it still seems off. Those middle lines perplexed my mind, what is a 'fuzzy tree' and why does it cause intense itching? Is Elvis talking about a tree covering in poison ivy? and how do bugs act 'wild', or 'white', to symbolise a love like feeling?

But after a couple more rounds in the 'commercial catfight', I began to contemplate who I needed to kill so that they would play any other commercial during the breaks.

By the end of the night, I would stare off into space, while it played, because I was afraid I would get violent.

I only swung at the monitor once, out of frustration. So I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

1 comment:

Creeky said...

I always just assumed he was talking about crabs.